[gcompris-devel] Admin proof of concept

Jean-Baptiste BUTET ashashiwa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 12:16:49 UTC 2014

Hi :)

> > I agree with you about "free software etc". there's a possibility to
> > do this with the map stocked on github.
> >
> > It's proprietary too, but may be more convenient. (need a github
> > account instaed a google account).
>
> I think this is better. And would like to suggest the use of Freemind
> as a mindmap software. Do you know it?
>
> First map has done under freemind/freeplane then inserted into mindmup
because freemind is not a collaborative tool.

> There are plugins to visualize it's maps on MediaWiki and DokuWiki. So
> we could store the map on Github, for those who want to edit it and
> show the map on GCompris wiki. What do you think?

Mindmup need a authentification to be a collaborative tool. That's why it
uses Google Account, or Github. And it's a great collaborative tool... I'm
using it in my classroom with lot of students.

Your solution could be used instead of mindmup one's but Github works with
"forks" (and is not free as freedom in tools is an argument)... so it seems
difficult to have a fonctionnal thing for everybody. I thought il will be
easier. Mindmup works easier thant that few months ago. (One link and go
!.)

The map has advanced... here is the freemind version.

Sorry for annoyance...

JB