[gcompris-devel] Admin proof of concept

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Tue Aug 12 19:59:12 UTC 2014

> hi guys,
>
> I've done a mindmap about these features.
>
> File is stocked (for the moment) on my Drive. (after, we can place it on
> GitHub)
>
> To watch and add some things on this collaborative map :
> 1) click on link :
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8sh5PU-4M9veC1fN3FVYWVzSXM/edit?usp=sharing
> I think you don't need a google account (i hope...)
>
> 2) then click on "MindMup"
>
> It's only a beginning, You can complete it, it's shared on drive.
>
> I find it more usable than a wiki.

Hi,

I tried to access it from Randa and did not succeeded. In fact it requires
a google account to access it and in my case google thinks I speak german
because I am in Randa. Anyway, even if this is practical, it is not very
appropriate for a free software project to rely on proprietary tools.

BTW, we worked on the subject today and did refactor the wiki page to
extract the requirements and started to layout an architecture. We moved
all the comments in the associated talk page.

Today we exposed our project to the KDE-Edu team and received a lot of
encouragements. They had a such project in mind a few years ago but nobody
at that time went further than the specification stage. Will see how far
we can go on this because this is a quiet big project by itself.