[gcompris-devel] Introducing Myself

Bharath M.S brat.197 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 04:49:05 UTC 2014

Hi,

 My name is Bharath M S, a CSE student. I guess around 45 days ago, I did
not know about the existence of GCompris. I still wouldn't know about
GCompris if the porting effort had not been listed as one of the projects
under KDE for GSoC 2014. Now, I have recruited my nephews to test the
activities I port. :D

There are two reasons I applied to this project.

First was because of the age group this particular project seemed to target
(2 to 10 year olds). This is the first project I have come across that
targets kids.

Second was because frankly, it was one of the few projects that had clearly
defined what it expects from any new developer (in this case GSoC
applicant). So I made an simple exercise to start with, then a simple quiz.
Ported algorithm activity in my free time and here I am a GSoC Intern.

I will be contributing to GCompris during and after the GSoC phase by
porting a few activities and creating a few activities of my own. I can't
wait to start and looking forward to getting to know this community better.
:)

- Bharath M S
IRC Nick: brat197