[gcompris-devel] Introducing myself

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Fri Apr 25 23:00:39 UTC 2014

Le 25/04/2014 21:33, Marius Kruger a écrit :
> Hi,
> My name is Marius Kruger, I'm a java developer and a ubuntu fanboy.
Hi,

Welcome on GCompris.
> I'm interested to make a very simple keyboard activity as that is something
> my 3 year old son may benefit from. Basically the only thing he can play at
> the moment is "mouse/erase". I'd like something that will reward him for
> banging on the keyboard, then for banging the correct keys etc.
I assume you are talking about the new Qt Quick based version. Maybe you
don't have it but it is in our git master. It has been developed by
Holger who added a virtual keyboard to his port of the gletters
activity. In this activtiy letters are falling and you must find them on
the keyboard.

> I thought of different implementations from qt for ubuntu or other java
> game platforms, but I think this will fit in nicely with gcompris.
>
> I see you are busy porting to qt, so I'm busy downloading that and will see
> if I can get the new version running (following the exercise, thanks for
> nice documentation on wiki). Will then look at what is possible and simple
> to do.

You can find the development information here:
http://gcompris.net/wiki/Developer%27s_corner

If you are interested in helping the development you can select an
activity from the list here (ask me to get a wiki account):
http://gcompris.net/wiki/Qt_Quick_Migration_status

Bruno