[gcompris-devel] New activity to enrich the vocabulary

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Fri May 10 09:56:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just commited a new activity in which children can review a set of words.

Each word is shown with a voice a text and an image. When done they are
suggested an exercice in which, given the voice, you must find the right
word.

The images and voices comes from the Art4Apps project:
http://www.art4apps.org/.
You can also access this activity online on http://laske.fr/abecedarium/

So far we have a voice set for English and French. I contacted Art4Apps
to see if they can provide us a zip with all the voices in the other
voice set. Then there is some work to do to make the association between
a word and an image. I'll get back here to request help if we get it.

In order to test it, you must get the latest version in git master and
in git voices, install GCompris and run it with 'gcompris
--reread-menu'. The new activity is in the reading section.

I believe this is a great enhancement to GCompris. Also with this new
dataset there are opportunities to create new or enhance our activities.