[gcompris-devel] Better font sets

Fòram na Gàidhlig fios at foramnagaidhlig.net
Thu May 2 14:13:12 UTC 2013

After talking to a school, they said that the children will have
problems reading the font. In particular, the font lacks a little hook
on the bottom of the a and l. They like to use Sassoon Infant.
Unfortunately, this is not a free font. They would be OK with Comic Sans
though.

We then checked out the Chinese font and noticed that characters run
into each other and need more space. Somthing needs to be done about
this as well.

So, how do we best go about this? I think fonts need to be configurable
for each language somehow (maybe a priority list with fallback?), and if
good free fonts are available, maybe they could be packaged as well.

Any suggestions?