[gcompris-devel] New activity to enrich the vocabulary

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Mon Jun 3 22:25:15 UTC 2013

Le 03/06/2013 21:09, Frederico Goncalves Guimaraes a écrit :
> Hi Gonzado and others,
>
> Em 03-06-2013 08:50, Gonzalo Odiard escreveu:
>
>> In Spanish, some profession have a female word,
>> by example  "doctor" female is "doctora".
>> I don't know if is a option have a image with two characters,
>> and the needed words?
> Good point. The same happens with Portuguese. In fact, in Portuguese, as
> far as I know, almost all professions follow this pattern (differente
> genders->different words).

Hi,

This is not a problem even if in English there is a single word, we must
accept to have different word in a learning language. This problem could
happen for other words.

In our case we will just create a file named doctor_female.ogg. This
will be associated to the female doctor image. Then each language will
either make a specific voice for the female ogg file or make a link to
the 'male' one.