[gcompris-devel] Help on many aspects

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Fri Feb 22 00:07:50 UTC 2013

Le 14. 02. 13 22:30, s.granjeaud at free.fr a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I started my activity and I like the way it is running. I want to improve its integration within GC. So here are some questions you can help me by pointing some relevent links.
>
> - how can I access the general config to check if sound is enable or not in order to respect user choice?
Hi,

I suggest you to see the code in music based activities, they all cut
the background music and set it back when they close.

> - how can I store the configuration of the different levels (in an INI file for example), so people don't have to change the code in order to modify the level definition?

Sure, again they are many examples of activities doing this, look at the
'explore' one for example.

> - I reinstall my Linux to a Debian. The installation of GC was much more easier than CentOS-like. The dependencies are resolved quickly with the "apt-get build-dep gcompris" command. Before, you have to set up the source repository, adding for example "deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free" in the /etc/apt/sources.list (testing is distro), and do a "apt-get update" command to update the apt cache. I used git to retrieve the code, with the depth=1 option. Bruno recently released a patch. How can I get it using a git without downloading the whole repository (ie maintaining the depth to 1)
I don't think you need to add the source repository, what was missing in
your case?

For git, you just have to perform a 'git pull' to get the latest changes.