[gcompris-devel] Help on many aspects

s.granjeaud at free.fr s.granjeaud at free.fr
Thu Feb 14 21:30:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

I started my activity and I like the way it is running. I want to improve its integration within GC. So here are some questions you can help me by pointing some relevent links.

- how can I access the general config to check if sound is enable or not in order to respect user choice?

- how can I store the configuration of the different levels (in an INI file for example), so people don't have to change the code in order to modify the level definition?

- I reinstall my Linux to a Debian. The installation of GC was much more easier than CentOS-like. The dependencies are resolved quickly with the "apt-get build-dep gcompris" command. Before, you have to set up the source repository, adding for example "deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free" in the /etc/apt/sources.list (testing is distro), and do a "apt-get update" command to update the apt cache. I used git to retrieve the code, with the depth=1 option. Bruno recently released a patch. How can I get it using a git without downloading the whole repository (ie maintaining the depth to 1)?

Cheers.