[gcompris-devel] Problem to update German translation

Peter Albrecht pa-dev at gmx.de
Mon Sep 10 20:18:59 UTC 2012

Hi!

I'm currently working on a "goldmining-activity". Since I
added some english texts, I would like to provide German
translations, too.

According to http://gcompris.net/wiki/Translation_addons,
I did:

 # cd ./po
 # intltool-update de

But the process brings up some msgid-warnings and finally
terminates with the error message:
> xgettext: error while opening "../src/piano_composition-activity/piano_composition.xml.in.h" for reading: No such file or directory
> ERROR: xgettext failed to generate PO template file. Please consult
>        error message above if there is any.

I have no idea, why it is looking for a "*.xml.in.h" file!?!
The "de.po" file is not changed.

Or should I provide a German "mining.xml"-file and leave
adding this translations to "de.po" to Christian Kirbach
(current main German translator)?

Regards,
	Peter