[gcompris-devel] testers needed for new music activities in GCompris

Peter Albrecht pa-dev at gmx.de
Wed Sep 5 20:38:06 UTC 2012

Hi!

On 29.08.2012 01:15, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> Le mardi 28 août 2012 à 21:51 +0200, Peter Albrecht a écrit :
>> On 28.08.2012 02:21, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> I am always taking care not to take unneeded space. I see no problem to
> create a bigger GCompris but I don't like wasting space.

Saving space is a good attitude! :)
(less harddisk space, less download time, less data traffic,
smaller backups, smaller git repos, ...)

>> But this comparison also showed, that
>> "./python/note_names.py" is missing in "beth2.tgz". Was this
>> intended?
>
> This is intented, this file was not used.

There is something, I don't understand:

Starting gcompris, I can see an acitivity called "Name that
Note!".

On my fresh compilated gcompris installation
(at git commit 76cf56be9796ba41341eeebde1abc940da021771, Wed
Sep 5 2012):

 # cd /usr/local
 # grep -nHr "Name that" .

tells me, that this text is only found in
> ./share/gcompris/boards/note_names.xml:12:        <title>Name that Note!</title>

Looking at this note_names.xml, I can see:
> <Board ... type="python:note_names" ...

According to
> http://gcompris.net/wiki/Adding_an_activity#Menu_creation
I would guess that there should be some "note_names.py"
around, containing the code for this activity.

But
 # cd /usr/local
 # find -iname "*note_names*"
won't find such a file.

Where is my error in reasoning?

BTW: Trying to start this activity on my self compiled
installation does not work. On console output, I can read
> ImportError: No module named note_names

Regards,
	Peter Albrecht