[gcompris-devel] Gompris in the media

Philip Morris phil at northquayit.com
Wed Oct 24 21:51:55 UTC 2012

Hello Bruno

Don't forget I am no longer in Shpeherds Bush (an area of West London where
the BBC are based) but am now your neighbour in Jersey :-)

Your statistics do show how remarkably bad the Brits are at using
Gcompris.  There are plenty of activities within Gcompris to keep children
occupied so I do not think that is a factor because they would get bored.
It may be that the activities are not dynamic enough for them but probably
I think that this is all down to a lack of awareness.  There may be several
entities within the UK such as children's nursery associations and\or
primary school associations that could be approached.

I have recently demonstrated Gcompris to a local special needs school here
in Jersey and they were so impressed that they have taken 10 copies of my
Live Gcompris CD.  It is a pity that they won't answer my emails now as I
would like to get our local media involved for when the new release comes
out.  I'll have to nudge them a bit harder.

With best wishes
Phil

p.s. Julia came round this lunchtime and we recorded the new introduction
set.  We did try last week but after she left I noticed that the recordings
weren't there.  I hadn't turned the recorder on properly so she had to come
back today.  How embarrassing :-)

With Kind Regards

Phil Morris
phone: 07797 962072