[gcompris-devel] Gompris in the media

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Wed Oct 24 20:46:13 UTC 2012

Hi,

Excellent, I am glad you take care of the marketing in UK and we really
need it.

Recently I was surprised how poor GCompris was represented in UK. To
give you an idea, here is the stats in percent of visitors in the last
month. This really show how poor GCompris is in United Kingdom :

1.	France		14,25 %
2.	United States	6,94 %
3.	Brazil		6,79 %
4.	Indonesia	5,42 %
5.	Spain		4,74 %
6.	Greece		4,35 %
7.	Italy		3,90 %
8.	Mexico		3,69 %
9.	Argentina	2,84 %
10.	India		2,64 %
11.	Russia		2,38 %
12.	Canada		2,32 %
13.	Colombia	2,10 %
14.	Germany		2,06 %
15.	Philippines	2,01 %
16.	United Kingdom	1,94 %
17.	Belgium		1,88 %
18.	(not set)	1,74 %
19.	Slovakia	1,56 %
20.	Portugal	1,51 %
21.	Morocco		1,44 %
22.	Ukraine		1,36 %
23.	Algeria		1,33 %
24.	Peru		0,90 %
25.	Thailand	0,84 %

At first I though it's because we did not have a good voice set for a
long time but the United States are in the top of the list.

Do you have an idea on why United Kingdom does not use GCompris, is
there some strong competitor there that everybody uses?

For instance, in France, I would say the everybody with a computer, a
children and a willing to find something useful for him know GCompris.