[gcompris-devel] Release 12.11PRE1

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Thu Nov 1 11:55:00 UTC 2012

> Hi Bruno and others,
>
> Consta no registro BC24033 do Livro da Grande Teia que
> Bruno, em 24/10/12 escreveu o seguinte:
>
>> It's time to have a little pre-release to make some better testing.
>
> I'm really sorry, but I have a lot of work along the last two months
> and only today I had time to analyze the activities. They are great,
> but I would like to make some suggestions on both "Explore...."
> activities.

Hi,

Glad to hear from you. I am about to add a one more week delay to the
deadline because there are still a lot of small issues in the code and
also because we had many string changes after my official string freeze.

> First, on "Explore Farm Animals", there is a misinformation in White
> Duck text. Their feathers aren't waterproof. In fact, they have a gland
> that secretes an oil that the duck spread on their feathers when goes
> to water. So, I suggest to change the phrase (maybe something like
> "Ducks have special features like webbed feat and produce an oil to
> make their feathers waterproof"?)

OK.

> Still on this activity, we have the cows. The last phrase ("Cows have
> many uses, including for milk and meat") is absolute unnecessary. Cows
> are living beings, they don't need to be "useful" (specially if their
> "usefulness" is to be killed to produce something). So, I would like to
> take this phrase off.

You are right, the phrasing is unfortunate. I propose this:
The cow goes "moo. moo.". Cows are herbivorous mammals. They graze all day
in the meadow.

> Lastly, I would like to suggest an alteration on "Exlore World Music".
> Please use "United States of America", or "U.S.A." when referring to the
> country. "America" is the entire continent and include a lot of
> countries.

OK.

> If I saw this activity sooner, I would suggest "Samba" from Brazil and
> "Tango" from Argentina. But let's include them on next version.  :-)

Hehe, I was waiting for you on that one ;)

I have commited these changes, please review them.