[gcompris-devel] about electric schema

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Tue May 8 14:41:44 UTC 2012

Le lundi 07 mai 2012 à 12:59 +0200, aishen at free.fr a écrit :
> I don't know if you know this one :
> http://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulation/circuit-construction-kit-ac
> Exactly what I am looking for !
> Is it faiseable with gcompris ?
> regards

I didn't knew this application. It sounds great and it's Free Software,
released under the GPL license.

It goes way further than GCompris and is better suited to older children
which is great. In GCompris we focusses on smaller children. In my idea
we introduce some concepts but if children or teacher want to go
further, they will have to use specific dedicated tools.

For example our animation tool or our word processor won't compete with
full featured application but they are also less impressive to start
with.

I want to stick to this spirit and if we can enhance our activities here
or there, we have to stick to simplicity and focus on our target age 2
to 10.