[gcompris-devel] Camera theme for Google Summer Of Code 2012 for GCompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Mon Mar 5 23:40:03 UTC 2012

Le dimanche 04 mars 2012 à 14:24 +0530, Atri Sharma a écrit :
> Nice one.
>
> I feel your focus is more on teaching the internals of camera to the
> kids.Thats a good idea,but,in my opinion,we should explore avenues that
> shall use the power of cameras and image processing for more interesting
> activities e.g. using live camera input for creating funny
> variations,or,asking kids to actually point out(using cameras) specific
> shapes,which can be checked by computer whether the shape is correct or
> not.
> Regards,

Hi,

This is interesting but this has some drawbacks:
- no all children have a camera,
- plugging the camera and grabbing the picture maybe overly complex
  for children.

For these reasons, even if technically it would be fun to do and it
maybe relevant on an educational stand point, I am afraid it would be a
lot of effort to develop and maintain for a too small number of users.