[gcompris-devel] GCompris's sea race activity in C++ / Qt

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sat Feb 25 11:00:10 UTC 2012

Le samedi 25 février 2012 à 00:12 +0000, Andres Muniz a écrit :
> [...]

I'd love to but the technology used in GCompris are too far from the one
needed for smartphones and tablets.

> For toddlers the first stage ones like erase would make a good android
> app (or dare to say w7 since they seem to accept gpl licences) as a
> stand alone. I know my 1.5 year old can use a touchscreen better than
> the mouse. I would add it twice exactly the same but one you can pay
> for if you want to support the project.
>
> Sorry if this a silly idea, but i have little or no programing skills.
> All i have is silly ideas.

Some time ago, I did a proof of concept of a web based GCompris
activity, you can test it there:
http://gcompris.net/incoming/color/

After this experience, even if the technology is there, I decided not to
go further because it's  much mode work that I can support. For
instance, I have a day job and work on GCompris on my spare time,
evenings and week ends. Just maintaining GCompris takes a lot of time,
starting a new Web version is simply not feasible.