[gcompris-devel] testers needed for new music activities in GCompris

Beth Hadley bhadley at mit.edu
Mon Aug 20 21:03:52 UTC 2012

Hi Peter.

Thank you very much for your comments and the German Christmas songs. I was
very pleased to receive your sheet music link, and I have selected a simple
melody (Macht hoch die Tür) to use in GCompris. I have sent a screenshot of
the melody in GCompris to your email address (I don't like sending
attachments to mailing lists!) I have also created a new wiki page so that
GNOME contributors can add their own melodies and monitor the status of
melodies in GCompris: https://live.gnome.org/GComprisMelodies

The German project to document these German Christmas melodies is
phenomenal and I commend their efforts! I am always in favor of more
symbolic music entering the public domain!

Also, our translators should be able to translate the lyrics.

Thanks so much!
~Beth