[gcompris-devel] testers needed for new music activities in GCompris

Peter Albrecht px79 at gmx.de
Sun Aug 19 20:07:11 UTC 2012

Hello Beth,

wow! Looks like a lot of work. I only had time to look at
the screenshots and fly over the documentaion, so far. But
this looks really good. (Documentation is really extensive!
Great!)
Thank you for this!

On 18.08.2012 07:03, Beth Hadley wrote:
> feature to load "pre-saved" melodies. I'm trying to collect melodies from
> around the world! So please send me melodies from your country, all I need
> is the name of the melody, country of origin, lyrics, and melody line (as a
> picture, text, or any format I can read).

If you are interessted in German christmas songs, maybe the
following will be helpful:

> http://data.musikpiraten-ev.de/public/weihnachtslieder/singen-im-advent-2011.pdf

It is a collection of melody lines of German christmas
songs. Those songs are so old (creator died over 70 years
ago), that they gain status of "gemeinfrei"
(http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemeinfrei). This means  one
can use them without getting troubles with German copyright
authorities.
The melody lines itself were created by the association
"Musikpiraten e.V.", with the explizit wish to share them
for free. Even commercial use is allowed. But they don't use
a common license (like Creative Commons).
I am _no_ lawyer, which could tell about international
copyright details. I'm already having difficulties to
translate this into English. So please, use at own risk.

The link to the project homepage: (German)
> http://musik.klarmachen-zum-aendern.de/weihnachtslieder/2011

And a link to a news-report about this project: (German)
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Singen-im-Advent-Gema-freie-Weihnachtslieder-1385979.html
(heise.de is the German version of http://www.h-online.com)

I'm sorry that I could not find any english documentation
about this project.

Regards,
	Peter Albrecht