[gcompris-devel] L10n + Gcompriz + Quechua in Peru

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 21:38:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Aleksey Lim
<alsroot at activitycentral.org> wrote:

> Thats only for langeuages that are absent on
> http://l10n.gnome.org/ (translating the same .po from different places
> will be not trivial). Eventually, I think would be better to setup
> translate.sugarlabs.org to send emails to GC mailing list with a patch.
> It will happen when languge administrator will decide to "commit to VCS"
> current translation.

Aleksey,

For languages that exist in the  Gnome Damned Lies server, we want our
localizers to join the upstream teams to make contributions.

We do this by pointing our localizers upstream with "tracking ticket"
PO files like this:

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/es/upstream_l10n/

And also by virtue of listing GCompris as one of the elements in the
"OLPC Release" set the the Gnome i18n has kindly provided.

http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/es/olpc/ui/

cjl