[gcompris-devel] [solved !] Problem after compilation of gcompris 9.6.1 on qimo2.0

Christophe Conduché c.conduche at square6.fr
Tue Oct 18 14:16:29 UTC 2011

Hello all !

I read again the manual and, I checked my build dependencies
(sudo apt-get build-dep gcompris).
A few things were missing. So I made "make clean" and again
sh configure
make
sudo make install

and now all works like a charme. everything is there.
it looks like a part of the xxxx.xml.in files were not processed to
xxxx.xml in the boards subfolders.
strange. may be an error I didn't noticed when compiling at the first
time.

so on qimo2.0:

download the tarball 9.6.1.tar.gz
extract it somewhere
go where you extracted it

sudo apt-get build-dep gcompris
sh configure
make
sudo make install

and you go from gcompris 9.0 to 9.6.1 ;-)

to have something clean (and save disk space), may be it should be fine
to remove the package gcompris 9.0 but it will desinstall qimo packages
that should break the system. I will post if I find a way to desinstall
without desinstalling qimo packages.

Cheers.