[gcompris-devel] Applying as a student for GSoC

Karthik S itskarthik.s at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 17:29:54 UTC 2011

Yes, My previous idea seems to be more or less the same which is already
available.

I have got another idea :
An activity based on Music : Pentatonic scale and expectations when you
combine Positions with Musical notes.

its based on the pentatonic scale of music.

Initially there ll be a dot which changes positions according to the notes.
If its a lower note then it ll be at the left side, higher note the position
change to the right.
And after practising few times along with the computer the position of the
dot alone moves without the audio (which can be toggled) making the user to
sing without any prompting.

Thus at the lower levels we can teach them slow songs, the speed and
complexity can be increased at the higher levels.

The science behind this is explained in this video by Bobby Mcferrin :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne6tB2KiZuk

Thanks a lot,

*Karthik Subramanian
SSN College of Engg.