[gcompris-devel] 9.6BETA2

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sun Mar 6 21:23:08 UTC 2011

Le mercredi 02 mars 2011 à 22:52 +0100, denis.a.b a écrit :
> I tested this 9.6 BETA2 release on windows 7 pro edition 64 bits (I now
> have an ASUS motherboard with a Intel Core i7 + 4Gb memory)
>
> It is working well except the new renewable energy activity, at level 2.
>
> There is something very strange, when you start the wind energy and make
> the aeolians turn and in the same time raise the sun and make the clouds
> move and the rain fall, gcompris becomes very very slow as if the
> picture elements were poorly animated and high cpu consuming

This is odd because your system is overpowered compared to mine but I
did not tested it on Windows.

Could I ask you to play with the code (hydroelectric.py) and change the
timeout value at line 1073, it is 150ms now but you may try to increase
it. The line is: gobject.timeout_add(150, self.anim_item).

Thanks for your feedback.