[gcompris-devel] Web site test

F Wolff friedel at translate.org.za
Mon Jul 25 07:47:04 UTC 2011

Op Sa, 2011-07-23 om 01:25 +0200 skryf Bruno Coudoin:
> Le vendredi 22 juillet 2011 à 09:48 +0200, F Wolff a écrit :
> > Op Vr, 2011-07-22 om 00:37 +0200 skryf Bruno Coudoin:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I just changed the entry page at http://gcompris.net so that I detect
> > > the preferred language from the user's browser and redirect to the
> > > proper page.
> > >
> > > Please have a test and let me know if this does not work as expected for
> > > your locale.
> >
> > Hi Bruno
> >
> > Well done on your progress. I'm wondering: I don't see a way to switch
> > language any more. I think it would be good to continue giving a way to
> > switch the language. In fact, I was expecting a language chooser when I
> > clicked on "English" at the top of the page.
>
> Hi,
>
> You are right, I just added a language selector, let me know if this
> does not work.

Hi Bruno. I think it mostly works. Some comments:

 - I think it should be consistently using language names in their own
spelling and script. So "Arabic" should probably be something like
"العربية" and Dutch should probably be something like "Nederlands" and
"Danish", "Dansk"

 - The language selector next to the language name looks a bit strange,
but is definitely not a big issue.

Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: