[gcompris-devel] GCompris activities and the xo-1

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sat Jan 29 11:18:50 UTC 2011

Le vendredi 28 janvier 2011 à 10:25 -0300, Leonardo Rojas a écrit :
> Hello
> First of all, sorry if my english its not very good, i need to modify some
> GCompris activies and install them on a xo-1 with
> Build number:852       Sugar: 0.84.16     Firmware : Q2E45
> because the teachers dont like all the activities as they are, there are
> some activities that are easy to modify because i can do the changes with
> gcompris administration, like GCompris MissingLetter, but for the others i
> need to recompile them.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in GCompris. You mention making some
modification to GCompris, maybe you would be interested in sharing with
us your findings. I mean that changes you are making may be relevant to
all users and be integrated in the main GCompris.

>   I made changes on several, like MemoryEnumerate,
> AlgebraGuesscount, Babymatch and others, then i run gcompris, and all the
> changes are there, the activities work as intended but when i try to install
> them on the xo, they dont start, i dont even get the
>
> Cannot find cached 0sugar-launch implementation. or another error  (i know a
> workaround for the 0sugar-launch imlmentation error, i get this error with
> version 13 of activities mostly, all version 12 activities run perfect in
> the xo

I did the original port in the XO but it is now maintained by Aleksey
Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org>. He used to be on this list. I suggest you
to ask you technical questions to the Sugar community.

> the icon appears then afther a while the activitie close, i tried using the
> ./bundleit.sh and  using setup.py, tried using GCompris 9.5 then Gcompris
> 9.3 (modifying the source files from the activities that come in that
> GCompris version)

I am not sure this script is maintained.