[gcompris-devel] Happy new year. GCompris resolutions.

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Wed Jan 5 00:39:41 UTC 2011

Hi all,

So far, I completed the hydroelectric activity. By the way, it is more
about an electric grid and renewable energy now. You can test it by
installing the latest tar ball from there:
http://gcompris.net/incoming/hydrolectric3.tgz

Other new stuff, tonight I changed the erase activity to let it find the
animals from the directory itself instead of being a hard coded list of
images. Also now the user can add his own images in the directory
"~/My GCompris/erase".

A new year is always a good opportunity to make resolutions, I never
know in advance in which order I will work on them and even not sure I
will be motivated enough to pursue them but so far on top of my head i
have:

- A geography activity where the children can learn about country,
capital names, number of people, famous monuments, ...
- A color tool where the children could mix colors (like creating green
by mixing red and blue).
- continuing the work done around the hangman in which an extract of
wiktionary was done to get a good amount of work definition and thus
create exiting activities in reading / writing.
- An open source book in collaboration with Floss Manuals. I will send a
specific email about that later: http://en.flossmanuals.net/

And you, what are your plans, do you plan to contribute something to
GCompris or is there some features you really miss but have no idea on
how to proceed, just let us know ...