[gcompris-devel] No voice with Gcompris

Philip Morris phil at northquayit.com
Mon Aug 29 13:42:28 UTC 2011

Hi Elizabeth,

There wasn't a file attached to your last email - but to be honest, I doubt
if I could help you there as my days as a programmer are looong gone.  I
stopped at Z80 assembler and machine code - yes, I'm that old ...  :-)
Perhaps you could re-post your email with the attachment and one of the real
programmers could jump onboard and help you.

However, what language are you using?  Perhaps, it may just be a case that
there aren't many voices for your language yet.  I have just created an
Indonesian Live CD for a friend who lives in Jakarta using SuseStudio and
found that at the moment it doesn't have any intro voices.  This could be a
similar issue.

<aside>
Where are you in the world?  I'm in Jersey, Channel Islands