[gcompris-devel] No voice with Gcompris

Elizabeth Yip Dembart elyip.dembart at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 03:47:07 UTC 2011

Phil

Thanks !!

I reinstall GCompris from the repository you recommended.  I still have a
problem with voice.  The voice in the main menu works.  When the mouse is
over the "quit" button in the main menu, the voice said "Quit!"   There is
no voice inside a sub menu.  I did a gcompris -D >& gcompris.out and attach
the file gcompris.out.

Line 254 is where I moused over the 'quit' button in the main menu.
Line 320 is where I moused over the 'quit' button in a sub menu.

In the second case, it does not do
... get_next_sound_to_play : voices/$LOCALE/misc/quit.ogg

By the way, thank you very much for the live CD.  This is the only way to
get window user to use gcompris.

Elizabeth