[gcompris-devel] Feature request: Click behaviour option to not replace placed pieces

Sini Ruohomaa sini.ruohomaa at cs.helsinki.fi
Thu Apr 28 18:20:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

There's an option to pick drag and drop behaviour in most piece-placing
activities.

Could this shared setting be extended so that one of the options to
choose would be whether already placed pieces are replaced by dropping
other pieces on them? I.e. if it is set the right way, you could drop
new pieces only into free dots.

It's somewhat frustrating when less than stable drag and drop skills
make already placed map items fly out by the handful when trying to
place the last few pieces. It's a lot more seldom that there's an active
need to "replace" an already placed piece, and it can be separately
moved (rather than tossed) first anyway even if this setting would be in
place.

Btw, I never get replies to any of the mails I drop here, but I'm
assuming someone moderates them on the list eventually. (I'm not on the
gcompris-devel list myself.)

Best regards,

--Sini