[gcompris-devel] GCompris Afghanistan Translations (Pashto and Dari)

Mike Dawson mike at paiwastoon.com.af
Tue Mar 2 15:53:40 UTC 2010

Dear List,

As part of the One Laptop Per Child Afghanistan project we have
completed localization of GCompris as per the README.translators file
and Q/A tested that (each and every board).

The po files I am assuming we will put in through the normal GNOME
translation team, should I send a patch file for the boards and voices
or how should that be contributed?  I checked out
http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php/Developer%27s_corner and the README
but I couldn't see where this is specified.

I am doing some testing with the Arabic numbers - I would be interested
in writing a patch so that numbers in the boards will be parsed
appropriately no matter if they are input as arabic or latin numbers
regardless of what keyboard layout is being used.  I am relatively
familiar with python and have contributed code to others before (in
Python specifically offlineimap) - if anyone has any requests /
recommendations on how this would be best implemented please do let me
know.

On behalf of the One Laptop Per Child Afghanistan team thanks for the
software!

Thanks/Regards,

-Mike