[gcompris-devel] Running an activity out from GCompris

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Feb 11 08:39:39 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 08:21:28AM +0100, Jaume Obrador wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to the list, so maybe this question is already answered
> previously. I haven't found anything useful on google:
>
> The question is simply: Can I run an individual activity out of
> GCompris? is it possible to compile or execute the activity without
> having to install full GCompris?
>
> I'm specially interested in electric activity.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
> Jaume Obrador.

You are at the right moment :)

If you don't want build GC by yourself, you can use 0install feed, for
electric activity it is
http://services.sugarlabs.org/gcompris/electric.xml

insall last zeroinstall-injector from
http://download.sugarlabs.org/services/zeroinstall-injector/bundles/zeroinstall-injector-latest.sh
(it is patched version of upstream project, original programm could not
work)

And follow http://0install.net/injector-using.html tutorials to know how
to use 0install feeds.

--