[gcompris-devel] First Windows version of GCompris 9

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sat Feb 6 15:02:31 UTC 2010

Le vendredi 05 février 2010 à 12:13 +0200, F Wolff a écrit :
> Op Do, 2010-02-04 om 23:25 +0100 skryf Bruno Coudoin:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a first version ready of a Windows version of GCompris 9. It is
> > based on the latest changes and fixes included so I named it 9.2BETA1.
> > Once validated, I will release a 9.2 for Linux and Windows.
> >
> > You can download it from here :
> > http://home.gcompris.net/bruno/gcompris-9.2BETA1.exe
> >
> > In order to fully test it, you can use the activation code 123321. It is
> > not persistant but gives you access to all the features.
> >
> > Thanks for your bug reports.
>
> Some quick bit of feedback (forgive me for not doing this in Bugzilla).

This is ok for me in this case.

> I ran this in Afrikaans on Windows XP. I don't have sound here, so
> couldn't test any sound related functionality. I didn't go through
> everything.

I also tested on Windows XP.

> On the first screen (to enter the code) the text does not display
> correctly - the first line is shown halfway above the break.

I fixed that one.

> The "native" mouse pointer of the operating system is not hidden. It
> seems to show the pointer that was active as the mouse entered the
> GCompris window.

I don't get it. One improvement on windows is that now we have the same
cute cursors we have on GNU/Linux. In my test it works fine and I have a
hard time understanding your explanation.

> In the falling letters game I clicked on the configuration button, and
> it crashed. A moment before the crash a small windows (with Windows
> window decorations) showed, but with no content. (same also seen in
> colors_group/colors)

Strange, it works for me. Can anybody else make this test ?

> In the penalty game, the arrow buttons (to advance levels) often skipped
> a level (1,2,4,6, etc.)

Can't reproduce, works fine here.

> In erase2clic the "erase pointer" continued to be active when clicking
> on the question mark, which made it a bit hard to click on the sections
> (since the hotspot of the pointer is not obvious).

I fixed this.

> The chat activity didn't work at all. The GUi doesn't even render. The
> right-click context menu works, but that is all. Not even the Home
> button is displayed.

Works fine here, even tested it between a GNU/Linux running GCompris.

> I hope that helps.

Sure, but I am afraid by your feedback for the errors I can't reproduce.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids