[gcompris-devel] First Windows version of GCompris 9

F Wolff friedel at translate.org.za
Fri Feb 5 10:13:57 UTC 2010

Op Do, 2010-02-04 om 23:25 +0100 skryf Bruno Coudoin:
> Hi,
>
> I have a first version ready of a Windows version of GCompris 9. It is
> based on the latest changes and fixes included so I named it 9.2BETA1.
> Once validated, I will release a 9.2 for Linux and Windows.
>
> You can download it from here :
> http://home.gcompris.net/bruno/gcompris-9.2BETA1.exe
>
> In order to fully test it, you can use the activation code 123321. It is
> not persistant but gives you access to all the features.
>
> Thanks for your bug reports.

Some quick bit of feedback (forgive me for not doing this in Bugzilla).
I ran this in Afrikaans on Windows XP. I don't have sound here, so
couldn't test any sound related functionality. I didn't go through
everything.

On the first screen (to enter the code) the text does not display
correctly - the first line is shown halfway above the break.

The "native" mouse pointer of the operating system is not hidden. It
seems to show the pointer that was active as the mouse entered the
GCompris window.

In the falling letters game I clicked on the configuration button, and
it crashed. A moment before the crash a small windows (with Windows
window decorations) showed, but with no content. (same also seen in
colors_group/colors)

In the penalty game, the arrow buttons (to advance levels) often skipped
a level (1,2,4,6, etc.)

In erase2clic the "erase pointer" continued to be active when clicking
on the question mark, which made it a bit hard to click on the sections
(since the hotspot of the pointer is not obvious).

The chat activity didn't work at all. The GUi doesn't even render. The
right-click context menu works, but that is all. Not even the Home
button is displayed.

I hope that helps.

Keep well
Friedel