[gcompris-devel] Gcompris 9.0 Feedback

Lerique Julien jlerique at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 20:29:02 UTC 2010

Test of gcompris 9.0-oubuntu6 from ubuntu lucid repository on a ubuntu 9.04
liveCD session:
It is working nicely, graphics are good (I like the smaller toolbar as in
the click on a letter activity). Great work.

Bug:
-Practise chess- 1st activity: after few (fast) moves application freezes,
and I have to perform a manual kill (I can reproduce it, no error message
displayed on the console).

Not really bugs...:
-Sudoku: tutorial is misleading, shapes drag-and-drop does not work, you
need to click.
-Audio memory game: the mix of long and short sounds hurts the gameplay,
from the player point of view, it takes a "random" time to check if 2 sounds
fit,
and you may want to click elsewhere before the check becomes effective.
-Practise chess- 2nd activity: after a draw if we try a move, the indication
"draw"
changes to black's turn, but nothing will move anymore ...

Personal opinion:
-Regarding the current skin, the white (light grey) to black gradient : too
much contrast for me. And does not look nice when the foreground text is
yellow: for example the counter in the photo hunter activity or click on a
letter. It looks less childish than version 8 themes' lively colors.
-On the activity browser, the bottom information panel displaying activities
names and sum-up looks like it lacks some formating ...maybe the align-left
text makes it weird. I cannot tell precisely.
-Is it possible to have a --geometry option to switch between 800x512 and
800x600 resolutions ?

regards,