[gcompris-devel] New activity, the hangman

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Thu Aug 26 23:52:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

It's a long time I have not added something new to GCompris and sadly
there is still a lot of room for improvements.

One of our weakness is in the reading section so I just added a hangman
game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangman_(game)

It is commited in the gcomprixogoo branch and appears in the reading
section. The activity is fully playable but requires some strings to be
translated in order to know the list of vowels, consonants and letter
equivalence (e=éèê in french).

So far I have done nothing on the graphism side. I thing we should avoid
the gallows. At fist I thought leaving the hangman analogy but in fact
we may keep it by having tux hanged by its hands on top of a floor that
disappear at each lost.

If a graphic artist want to pick this idea or propose another one, it
will help. All I need is 10 images, the first one is the 'normal' case
and the latter one is the lost case. The images in between must show the
situation is getting worse. Last, we need an icon for the activity.

If you know how to compile GCompris, I'll appreciate a little test and
feedback of this activity.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids