[gcompris-devel] Localisation with no system locale

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Thu Aug 26 23:20:03 UTC 2010

Le jeudi 26 août 2010 à 11:35 +0200, F Wolff a écrit :
> Hallo everybody
>
> I hope to work with people on some new localisations for GCompris.  For
> some of these languages there are no glibc locales or Windows locales
> (even on recent versions of Windows).
>
> Am I correct that GCompris can run perfectly in a language without a
> system locale?  I realise that the language will have to be selected
> from the configuration. Will the .mo files be installed correctly on
> Linux if there is no system locale?

This is beyond my knowledge but I'd love to know.

I am also directly contacted on a regular basis by small communities
with a given language. They see GCompris as a good way to get content
for their children in their language.

The best way to know is to make a test, add a .po file in GCompris and
in config.c to make it selectable and check if it works.