[gcompris-devel] GCompris on MacOSX finally !

F Wolff friedel at translate.org.za
Wed Apr 7 07:56:08 UTC 2010

Op Di, 2010-04-06 om 02:04 +0200 skryf Bruno Coudoin:
> Hi,
>
> I completed the build and packaging of GCompris on MacOSX (Intel only).
> I did it on 10.4 (Tiger) so I have no idea if it works on other MacOSX
> versions.
>
> You can download the bundle here :
> http://gcompris.net/incoming/GCompris.app.dmg
>
> The non persistent activation code is 123321. If you need a persistent
> one, just let me know.
>
> I am very interested in your feedback, even if it works for you.
>
> Thanks for your help,

Hallo Bruno

Well done on the progress.  I tested it here on 10.5 (can't remember the
animal). First impressions are that everything is working!

Here are a few other notes that might be useful. I realise that they
might not all be considered bugs, but I'm just writing as I see things.

 - Sound and music is working
 - Full screen seems to be the default, although it doesn't use all the
height, only the full width.
 - The heading "Loading activity from database" is untranslated,
although the activities flashing by seems to be translated. Only tested
in Afrikaans and German.
 - On the code screen it says that the Windows version only contains 36
activities - I guess that should refer to the OSX version.
 - The icon displays beautifully in the thing at the bottom.
 - The text size on the help screens were a bit small in full screen. It
is probably the correct size for the operating system, but was a bit
surprising while everything else is bigger.
 - discovery/memory_grou/railroad - I couldn't see the hand to click on
to verify
 - in discovery/memory_grou/memory_sound_tux it often seemed that some
of the Tux are clicked without me having clicked it (as if the game is
playing itself). On two occasions this seemed to cause a deadlock where
I couldn't continue the game and had to change levels to be able to play
again.
 - For the reading exercise, the voice instructions continued after I
left the game
 - Gnuchess crashed immediately after my first move as white.
Relaunching didn't help. Quitting the chess game, closed the whole
GCompris
 - Things didn't work in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Persian, or Urdu.
The only non-Latin language that I could get to render was Russian. I
didn't go through all of them, but I guess something is wrong here. The
system definitely has fonts installed for these languages.

Keep well
Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: