[gcompris-devel] Ideas to improve Gcompris

Sérgio Durigan Júnior sergiosdj at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 02:12:53 UTC 2009

Hey there,

On Thursday 17 September 2009, Sérgio Durigan Júnior wrote:

> Thank you again, Bruno.  As I said, I will have a little meeting with my
>  group to see their opinions.  As soon as we decide how to proceed, I will
>  certainly let you know.

Well, we finally had the meeting, and a few things were decided.

1) We will concentrate our efforts in the "colorblind" activity.  We believe
that this will bring many benefits to Gcompris while enabling colorblind
people to use the program.

2) We are investigating the right tools for this job, and already have one in
mind:  libcolorblind, which was developed by a Brazilian.  This library is
used by gnome-mag, a program that magnifies the screen for people with
problems in the vision.  We don't know if we are going to be able to extend
Gcompris in order to use this library, but at least we have something to
investigate for now.

3) After we found gnome-mag, another idea came into our minds:  what if we
adapted Gcompris in order to use it?  gnome-mag provides a library as well, so
(we think) it shouldn't be hard to integrate it with Gcompris.  Anyway, this
is just another idea which we don't know if is going to be used, but I thought
it would be good to mention it here.

Well, I believe that's what we got for now.  I will let you know when we make
other progress.

Thank you,

Sérgio.