[gcompris-devel] The father of a Gcompris fan

Gengis Kanhg Toledo Ramírez gengiskanhg.geo at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 25 00:48:05 UTC 2009

My son is three years old and since he was 1.5 if I remember correctly he likes Gcompris.
For me as a parent it is very grateful that a child can learn and enjoy with the computer and better because of it is with free software.

I want to thanks Bruno and the rest of the community of GCompris as well as to these new Young that want to collaborate. And to the person with the language project too.

I am in part C++ programmer and free software 100% users but I have few time to code. I tried some months ago but I had problems with the repositories.

Taking back to the Brazilians, I think the first two ideas are very good. Maybe little effort and great results can be obtained adding a mechanism to add new images for activities such as puzzles.

In the theme about learn language, I just learn using another. My son had used German language in Gcompris since 1 year ago, now we live for a while in Germany since 6 months ago. Nevertheless, i agree that special functions should be implemented. But this is a mayor job. And such project maybe can take their our platform to be developed. Maybe you have too much search in Internet and you thing GCompris is ideal for your project, so, welcome, I thing.
Personally, I am interesting in such project too in order to learn Nahuatl (from Mexico) and other languages. We need a free platform or base system/software in order to be able to put the contents. I was looking for such free software a little a year ago but anything gut I found.

Regards.