[gcompris-devel] Help for testing GCompris on Windows

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Oct 4 20:41:56 UTC 2009

Hi all,

For way too long the Windows version was based on the old 8.3.x branch
instead of the 8.4.x. This makes it hard to maintain and recently I made
the necessary work to be able to build the Windows version from the
8.4.x branch.

I have been reported that under some unknown circumstances GCompris on
Windows fails to find its files when it starts so no image appears when
you run it, just a dialog box telling "could not find the file
skins/baby toy/bar_bg.jpg".

I am annoyed because I cannot reproduce the problem. I am not sure if it
is a GCompris issue or a problem related to the PC user like a personal
firewall blocking GCompris.

For those running on Windows, could you please test the version 8.4.13
that you can download here and please report me any problem you may
find:
http://gcompris.net/incoming/gcompris-8.4.13.exe

A last point, you can access all the activities in this version by
running the activation code 123321, this code must be entered at each
run.

Thanks for your help,

--
Bruno Coudoin