[gcompris-devel] GCompris release 8.5RC3

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Fri Nov 20 00:34:29 UTC 2009

Le mercredi 18 novembre 2009 à 11:31 -0200, Frederico Goncalves
Guimaraes a écrit :
> Hi Bruno and everybody else,
>
> Consta no registro %BC18423 do Livro da Grande Teia que,
> em 18/11/09, Bruno escreveu o seguinte:
>
> > Great, at least i'll be popular in Brazil ;)
>
> You (and GCompris) are VERY popular here. :-)  It's a #1 choice between
> teachers whom work with children.
>
> > Translations are done through the Gnome translation team when there is
> > one in place for the locale. If not I accept to commit the translation
> > directly.
>
> I'm working on translations via Gnome team here. And it's good to know
> that my translation is 100%.  ;-)  And we're on string freeze now,
> right?

Yes almost, there is an in progress work on the scale. You can start
working on the translation on the gcomprixogoo branch.

I just tried to rename our master branch in gcompris_8_4 but could not
find the process to do so. Help appreciated !

> > Hum, this is anoying to keep a such list up to date. In fact this is
> > the role of the configure step to manage this. Perhaps our is
> > uncomplete or wrong but this is where our efforts must be put.
>
> Ok. Just one question about it. After running ./configure, one of the
> options is:
>
> Python plugin = no
>
> and looking at the messages of ./configure, I found the following line:

> checking for headers required to compile python extensions... not found
>
> So, what headers do I need to compile python extensions?

Obviously you are missing something and we are not very clear in our
messages. I think you miss python-dev
But also check you have python-gtk2 and python-sqlite2

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids