[gcompris-devel] GCompris release 8.5RC3

Sérgio Durigan Júnior sergiosdj at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 18:21:01 UTC 2009

Hello Julien,

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 10:36 AM, julien forgeat
<julienforgeat at gmail.com> wrote:

> On GLinux, I did not manage to build the software, I have the following error:
>  goocanvasmodule.c: In function ‘_cairo_pattern_from_gvalue’:
>  goocanvasmodule.c:38: error: too many arguments to function
> ‘Pycairo_CAPI->Pattern_FromPattern’

I believe that's my fault.  PyCairo has changed its interface and
Gcompris had to adapt in order to compile successful, so I sent a
patch to fix it.  You're using an old version of PyCairo, but here I'm
using the latest version of it, so that's why I can build Gcompris
successfuly but you can't.

Unfortunately, it seems PyCairo doesn't have any versioning system
present on its header files, so I think it's probably impossible to
#ifdef this function call.

Bruno, what convention do you follow in those situations?

Regards,

Sérgio.