[gcompris-devel] some bugs with 8.3.11

Jorge Mariano JMariano at 013.net
Sun Mar 15 14:35:39 UTC 2009

Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> Le mercredi 11 mars 2009 à 21:19 +0200, Jorge Mariano a écrit :
>
>> Hi guys and gals
>> - in puzzle/hanoi would it be possible to show the letters from english
>> to the locale ? ( ex: hebrew letters when in hebrew)
>>

> I am not sure it's the best thing to do. In this activity, we added the
> letters to be color blind friendly. There is no need to read the letters
> by themselves, a color blind children will use the letter symbol instead
> of the color.
>
> I avoided to use numbers as it could be confusing.
>
> So in the activity we are using 15 different colors so we need as much
> symbols. What about using the ascii symbols like:
> !<>&~#{[|/@]}+*
>
> This would be locale agnostic and really represents what is is, symbols.
>
> Jose, what do you think about it ?

Hi Bruno and Jose,

I did mention the letters as I found that it helped the children to put
the pieces in order.
They don't always make the connection on size or colors, as there is
sometimes multiple times the same color

I suppose that it may be more difficult to change the letters depending
on the locale, rather then having an
already predefined letter/symbol.

How can we come to a mid-solution agreement ?  having images with the
locale letters in them ?

Jorge

PS Bruno you can take a look at the KG-LIVE , this activity has been
translate in there.