[gcompris-devel] Gcompris admin module startup problem

REY DECASTRO lucifer.yellow at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 01:03:02 UTC 2009

Two questions:

1) I get an error when trying to start the Gcompris administration module in
openSUSE 11.1:

gcompris -a
> XF86VidMode: Compiled with XF86VidMode.
> If you have problems starting GCompris in fullscreen, try the -x option to
> disable XF86VidMode.
>
> ** (process:12221): WARNING **: Binary relocation disabled
>
> ** (process:12221): WARNING **: exec_prefix NONE
>
> package_data_dir         = /usr/share/gcompris/boards
> package_locale_dir       = /usr/share/locale
> package_plugin_dir       = /usr/lib/gcompris
> package_python_plugin_dir= /usr/share/gcompris/python
> Infos:
>    Config dir '/home/decastro/.config/gcompris'
>    Users dir '/home/decastro/My GCompris'
>    Database '/home/decastro/.config/gcompris/gcompris_sqlite.db'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/gcompris/python/administration.py", line 89, in start
>     exec('from admin import module_' + module + ' as ' + module)
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "/usr/share/gcompris/python/admin/module_profiles.py", line 28, in
> <module>
>     import profile_list
>   File "/usr/share/gcompris/python/admin/profile_list.py", line 32, in
> <module>
>     import profile_edit
>   File "/usr/share/gcompris/python/admin/profile_edit.py", line 226
>     def __create_model(self, with, profile_id):
>                                 ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

The error is Greek to me.  Any clues on what I'm doing wrong?

2) What is the Ubuntu repository containg the Gcompris administrative
module?  My recollection from other installs of GCompris is that there is a
package named "gcompris-admin" or something like that, and I cannot seem to
find a listing in the Ubuntu repositories that I know of.  Or is my memory
faulty and you just start up the admin module with "gcompris --admin"?

Many thanks for the help and for a wonderful software application.  I refer
to it as the Flagship of Educational Software, which is an iindication of
its stability, useability, utility, and the hard work of your community.

Best regards,
REY