[gcompris-devel] GCompris suggestion

jeffery.billing at bigpond.com jeffery.billing at bigpond.com
Tue Mar 3 01:01:09 UTC 2009

Personally I can see little value in a small baby bashing a keyboard except to maybe reduce the life of the keyboard.

I think the programs, in g-compris, for teaching students to use the mouse (erasing squares to reveal a picture) is brilliant. If a child is not able to do this then I doubt that exposure to a computer is of much value.

Is it possible to change these pictures (background) and if so how do you do it?

If you can change the pictures then you could put picures of family and pets into the system and this would make it more meaningful for very young children.

It would be much better to use a single switch for input if you really wanted to just let a baby bash and get a response.

Keep up the great work.

Jeff.