[gcompris-devel] Possible extension for scale?

Yavor Doganov yavor at gnu.org
Sun Jun 28 17:00:35 UTC 2009

Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 04:38:47PM +0200, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> > One thing which makes me hesitate is that there may be parts of the
> > world, where g and kg are not primarily used?
>
> Seriously? I urge you to ignore people who are still not using metric
> units.

It is not a good idea to ignore people who happen to not follow a
particular standard sycophantically.  For historical reasons, several
countries still stick with a different system, and there's nothing
ultimately or even remotely wrong with that.  In the technology field
there are still places where other systems are dominant, mostly
because a particular nation has a significant contribution in a
specific area.  There's nothing wrong with that too.

A very nice feature of free software is that it respects everybody,
not just the crowd.