[gcompris-devel] problem compiling gcomprixogoo

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Fri Jul 24 18:02:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Bill Bogstad<bogstad at pobox.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to compile various versions of gcompris under Ubuntu
> 8.04 off and on for a while now.  I've been able to compile 8.4.12
> successfully, but I've ran into a problem with the current head of
> gcomprixogoo:

> In the meantime, can someone suggest how to change the configuration
> system to not pass -Werror on the command line to gcc so it will
> ignore (this apparently
> spurious warning) rather then treat it as an error and exit.

Yes, I'm replying to my own message.  I managed to get gcomprixogoo to
compile by editing configure.in, removing all references to -Werror
and restarting the build process from the beginning (autogen.sh).  I
don't think this is the right
way to fix this problem, but it did allow me to finish the build.  The
resulting binary runs and a brief test of the target
activity seems to work fine.

Thanks,
Bill Bogstad