[gcompris-devel] help needed

Ankit Sahai ankitsahai85 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 08:08:38 UTC 2009

i have downloaded the sorce using
$dget -x http://gns.katsarov.org/gns/jungle/gcompris_8.4.8-gns2.dsc

four things are there :
orig.tar.gz , .diff.gz , .dsc and one folder gcompris-8.4.8

As u told in step 2, i changed my pwd to gcompris-8.4.8 which was downloaded
from the step 1.

Then i go to step 3 and the following error comes :

*boss at boss:~/Desktop/gcompris-8.4.8/gcompris-8.4.8$ debuild -us -uc -d
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
debian/rules:16: /usr/share/dpatch/dpatch.make: No such file or directory
make: Warning: File `debian/rules' has modification time 6.2e+04 s in the
future
make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/share/dpatch/dpatch.make'.  Stop.
debuild: fatal error at line 1228:
fakeroot debian/rules clean failed*

I also tried the same step by extracting .orig.tar.gz and then cd to this
directory , the following error comes :

*boss at boss:~$ cd Desktop/gcompris-8.4.8/gcompris-8.4.8\ /
boss at boss:~/Desktop/gcompris-8.4.8/gcompris-8.4.8 $ debuild -us -uc
debuild: fatal error at line 600:
cannot find readable debian/changelog anywhere!
Are you in the source code tree?

*Actually there is no debian folder inside gcompris-8.4.8 folder which comes
after extracting .orig.tar.gz.*

*But the gcomris-8.4.8 folder which i downloaded fron the step 1 contains
debian folder but still some problem comes which i have mentioned above.*
*