[gcompris-devel] Sound Efects

Yavor Doganov yavor at gnu.org
Fri Jan 2 18:30:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 04:22:02PM -0200, Familia Serber wrote:
> gcompris: uri 'file://usr/share/gcompris/boards/sounds/beep.wav'
> gcompris: don't know how to handle audio/x-wav

I thing there is a bug in the Debian package -- it depends only on
gstreamer0.10-plugins-base, but not -good.  I discovered this while
testing GCompris on a GNU/kFreeBSD GNUstep workstation, without GNOME
installed (which typically pulls in -good).

I haven't reported this to the Debian maintainer as I still cannot get
sound via GStreamer pipeline work under GNU/kFreeBSD (for reasons not
related to GCompris) and I couldn't simulate this under a barebone
GNU/Linux box.

My guess is that you don't have the `gstreamer0.10-plugins-good' package
installed.  Is that right?  If so, could you please install it and
report what happens?