[gcompris-devel] Sound Efects

Yavor Doganov yavor at gnu.org
Fri Jan 2 13:28:39 UTC 2009

Beit Jabad La Plata wrote:

> however the sound Efects (like when an activity is finished
> succesfully or not) don't work (even when enabled).

Can you run from a terminal with --debug and post the relevant
messages (gc_sound*, {fx,gx}_bus, fx_play, etc.), e.g.:

$ LC_ALL=C gcompris --debug

> My machine is an old Pentium 1 MMX.

I certainly used it extensively (well, my kids actually) on Pentium
MMX 233 MHz until a few months ago, and on Pentium 100 MHz a few years
ago (although that was probably when the sounds were still done with
SDL, not GStreamer.)

> I know that the Gcompris page says it should be a Pentim 2 and on,

Never heard of that; there should be nothing that specifically
requires Pentium II or MMX, except perhaps some gstreamer/liboil
configuration of the Debian packages that might be the problem.